Helping people embrace the technology, protocols, and culture to be more aware and stay safe.
How well prepared is your environment?
Life can change in a split second. How can you be aware of your surroundings while at the same time having the awareness to identify potential threats?
In a fast-paced world, where every day new security, health, and cyber threats are
emerging, how can you go about your day in a security-conscious manner?
Download our preparedness checklist to see where your school stands
Addressing Situational Awareness
Situational awareness can be defined simply as knowing and identifying what is happening around us. It is the perception of the people, events, and activities in the environment during a time frame and physical space, adding a comprehension of their potential status in the future and the consequences and importance for us and our best interests.
The need for safer schools
In the education sector, situational awareness means being aware of who and what is on school facilities and campuses. Most threats have implied human protagonists; this makes it necessary for schools to be more aware of and accurately identify who is on school premises. This includes students, parents, faculty, staff, vendors, and general visitors-
It’s critical to recognize anyone who is acting or having unusual behavior.
In the principles of situational awareness training, taking these notifications and signs seriously are considered part of current mandatory good practices every school should acquire.
how havrion helps
Any Safety Officer, IT administrator, or Education official looking for the right safety solution, first needs to understand the who, what, where, why, and how.
Here are a few helpful questions to get you started.
- What’s the desired outcome?
- Will the solution control numerous screens?
- Will the solution communicate dynamically throughout the location?
- Does the solution allow for multiple location deployment?
- Where is the display relevant to the emergency?
- What content will we display?
- Who and how will it be designed?
- Does the solution offer multiple options for emergency communications?
- What hardware do we need?
- What software do we need?
- How will we connect to it?
- Can we connect other 3rd party devices?
- Can the solution be easily managed from a single site?
- Does the solution provide pre and post-events data and analytics?
Better awareness. Better prevention. Reduced risk.